Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Linen Closet


I have read so many times that 2 sets of linen are enough for each bed you own. However, in my case, accidents happen, especially when you have a baby (L) sharing the bed with you. Also now that I can afford to have my linen ironed, and the service offered by my laundry (Renee Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Services) happens on a weekly basis, I have to make sure I have spare sets that will get me through the week. So here {2} you will find 4 sets of linen for my bed. Each set comprises of 4 pillow cases, 1 bolster cover, 1 duvet cover, 1 fitted sheet and 1 flat sheet which lies between me and the duvet. They are arranged in the closet as sets so that next time I need to change my bed sheets in the middle of the night I don’t have to fish for all the different parts. I also use a full mattress protector that I wash every month and a baby mattress protector where L sleeps so nothing goes further than that.

Now if you have no preference for ironed bed sheets or have enough time to do the ironing yourself it might be wise to stick to 2 sets. Although I would still keep 3 sets… just in case.

As for my towel sets {4}, one set would have 2 large bath towels, 2 hand towels and 1 bath math. If you use face towels, please add those to your list. Again I would keep 3 sets as a minimum, for those days when I don’t want to have to do the laundry. I do have a pool towel for each of us too.

In my closet {3}, you will also find 3 sets of linen for the guest room and 3 sets of towels for 2 guests. My parents or my in-laws come and stay with us for weeks at a time so the same rule applies here. There are also some house slippers for guests (those slippers you bring home from the hotels where you’ve stayed in your travels). And for those days when there are more people crashing in than beds available, I have 3 sets of single bed sheets, pillowcase and thick blanket. The latter can be used if I’m just lounging on the sofa while watching a movie.

Beyond these, you will find cushion covers {2} for the cushions in my bedroom, the guest room and the living room. These are indulgences of mine and I change them with the seasons or the occasion (parties, festivals, X’mas, Chinese New Year). Extra pillows are found in the top shelf {5}.

Come to think of it, I have quite a collection going. Maybe I should consider pairing down. Hmmmm...

I also have a shelf {5} where all my arts & crafts stuff reside such as gift wrapping, bead work, sewing material, painting tools. I keep them in boxes for each type of craft so I know where to find what I need.

How does your linen closet look?

Shobha.


References:

-Renee Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Services Pte. Ltd.
3 Simon Rd Singapore 545892
Contact: 6459 8231

No comments:

Post a Comment