Thursday, May 3, 2012

On My Night Stand



I love my night stand. It is simple and slick. It looks great with the light on and fits all the things I might need at night. This Ikea Rexbo shelving unit is ideal when you have very little space for a bedside table.

I fell in love with it the very first time I laid eyes on it. But as cautious as I am with infatuations, I took my time to decide whether I really needed it. Finally, when I could no longer keep away from it I found they had stopped shipping these units to Singapore. Imagine my disappointment. Fortunately, as luck would have it I had to go to Germany to visit a friend and what do I find at Ikea in Munich? Well, my friend gifted it to me and I was more than thrilled to have it even if it meant lugging it through airports till I got home!

Here I keep my books on the top shelf {1}, I have photos of loved ones, my Ikea Knubbig table lamp, water, my reading glasses, a moisturizer and others. 

Flowers are a must for a flower lover like me. I like waking up and looking at flowers and greenery. Here I used a baby food jar {3} which looks adorable with these little ball flowers. Does anyone know what these flowers are called {5}

Something I find very useful is reusing the bottles of Esprit drink as water bottles for the night {4}. They hold the equivalent of a glass of water. They are compact and look nice (just remember to remove the label). I usually keep a bottle on each side of the bed and for each overnight staying guest.

And finally, for someone with a baby like me, I keep a box with a thermometer, extra batteries for the thermometer, baby paracetamol and a couple of syringes to administer the medicine.

What do you keep on your night stand?

Shobha.

References:

Esprit Drink

Rexbo shelving unit

Knubbig table lamp with cherry blossoms in frosted white glass

No comments:

Post a Comment